Windows Night Mode Feature: As per the recent studies and journals, it has been confirmed that being exposed to blue light might actually reduce your ability to fall asleep fast. Furthermore, the studies have also shown that it can also hamper your ability to maintain energy levels throughout the day. Therefore, it’s advised to limit the exposure of blue light emitted by your computer or laptop screens.
Nowadays, computers are equipped with bright screens that are capable of emitting strong blue light all the time. Luckily, Microsoft has introduced a feature in Windows that allows you to disable or basically limit the emission of blue light from the screen. This feature is actually named as “Night Light Mode” on Windows and the steps to activate it are shared in the below guide.
Night Light on Windows 10
Earlier, a lot of people used to rely on a third-party app called, flux, that could remove blue light from the screens at night. Microsoft has added the exact same feature called “Night Light” in its Windows 10 OS, which basically, acts as a blue light filter system on Windows PC/Laptop.
In order to reduce the blue light emission from your screen, you will have to manually enable the Night Light feature on your Windows PC. Go ahead with the below-mentioned steps to activate the blue light filter on Windows.
- First of all, open up the Start menu from the desktop to begin.
- Locate the “Gear” icon in the menu and click on it to proceed.
- Select and open up the “System Settings” option on the next screen.
- Navigate to the “Display” option under system settings to proceed further.
- Find the “Night Light” option situated on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Toggle the “Night Light” option to switch on the feature on your PC.
Once the feature is enabled, the blue light emitted from your screen will be significantly reduced. As a result, you won’t feel any strain on your eyes and it wouldn’t hamper your ability to fall asleep fast greatly.
Check out: How to Use Whatsapp on PC
Customize Blue Light Filter On Windows
Windows allows you to customize or basically adjust the blue light emitted from your screen through this feature. In addition to this, you can also set a time for the Night Light feature to be activated automatically on your PC. In order to adjust the blue light filter settings, go ahead and perform these steps on your Windows PC.
- Open up the Settings menu by going into the start menu from the desktop.
- Navigate to the Display settings by selecting the appropriate options in Settings.
- Click on the “Night Light Settings” located under the “Night Light” toggle button.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to adjust the level of brightness from your screen.
- Move to the slider accordingly to adjust the brightness and save the settings.
- Moreover, you can also determine a time for the Night light mode feature to be activated automatically.
Your PC will automatically switch ON the Night Light feature at the specific time, you don’t have to manually enable or disable it.
Alternate Method To Activate Blue Light Filter On Windows PC / Laptop
If you’re not satisfied with the inbuilt feature, Night Light, provided by Microsoft, then you may try out the F.lux App, which s a third party that can reduce the blue light emission from your screen. The software can actually change the color temperature and intensity automatically according to the time of the day.
F.lux automatically determines the time of your location and adjusts the color temperature of your screen accordingly. Moreover, you can stop the application and turn it back ON whenever you want with just one click. Go ahead with these steps to install F.lux on your Windows PC.
- Visit the official flux website using a web browser on your PC.
- Download the flux setup file and run it as admin to begin the installation.
- Select a folder where you want the flux app to be installed on your PC.
- After the app has been installed, wait for a few seconds and launch it.
- In the app, enter your area PIN code or location to get started.
- Select your preferred options and the app will start working in the background.
Depending on the time of your location, Flux will determine the ideal color temperature of your screen.
Well, this is where we have the end of this article, and we hope you have learned how to activate the blue light filter on Windows from this article. We recommend everyone reduce the exposure to blue light at night times with the help of Night Mode or using the Flux app. In case if you have any questions regarding the Night Mode or the Flux app, then feel free to use the comment section provided below. Check out Techntipz for more tutorials on windows & android.