Google has finally introduced the dark mode support in the latest version of the Google Chrome Web browser. In case if you haven’t heard of it, Dark Mode is a feature that turns the look of the web browser from the usual white color to black and grey. It’s recommended to avoid being exposed to blue light emitted by your computer or laptops’ screen at night, therefore, a lot of people use dark mode to avoid blue light exposure.
Also, being exposed to blue light at night can have a negative impact on your ability to fall asleep and finally, the dark mode also looks cool and stylish compared to the usual white-colored interface. If the aforementioned reasons are enough to tempt you in trying out the dark mode feature, then go ahead with the article to know how to enable and disable night mode in the Google Chrome browser.
Enable Night/ Dark Mode In Google Chrome On Windows
You can enable the Night Mode feature in the Google Chrome web browser from the settings itself. There’s no need to install any additional apps or software to do it. Simply perform the following steps if you’re Google Chrome on Windows and wish to enable Night Mode in it,
- Open up the Windows Menu and select the “Settings” option to begin.
- On the next screen, select and open up the “Personalization” option to proceed further.
- Click on the “Colors” option situated on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Next, select the “Dark” option in the “Default App Mode” section.
- Confirm the settings if prompted and close the Settings window.
Now the Google Chrome browser on your PC will automatically switch to the dark mode. Likewise, all the other apps will switch to the dark mode as well.
How To Disable Night Mode In Google Chrome On Windows
If you’re done with Night Mode and would like to go back to the usual theme, then you will have to disable the Night Mode by following the below mentioned steps on your Windows PC.
- Once again, head over to the Windows Menu to get started.
- Open up the Settings Menu and select the “personalization” option.
- On the next screen, you need to locate and open up the “Colors” option to proceed.
- Choose the “Light” option under the “Default App Mode” menu.
- Done! close off the Settings menu and the dark mode will be reverted.
How To Enable Night Mode In Google Chrome On Mac
macOS also has a system-wide dark mode feature that will force Google Chrome to match with the theme of dark mode. Here are the steps that you need to follow to enable night mode in macOS.
- Go ahead and open up the “System Preferences” menu on your Macbook.
- Click on the “General” option to proceed further in the process.
- On the next screen, locate and open up the “Appearances” option.
- Under “Appearances” choose the “Dark” option and exit the settings.
- Once the settings are saved, Google chrome will switch to dark mode.
Once the feature is enabled, pretty much any app including Google Chrome on your Mac will have a dark-colored theme instead of white. Moreover, any new applications or software that you install on your Mac will also have the dark color theme as long as Night Mode is enabled.
How To Disable Night Mode In Google Chrome On Mac
Disabling the night mode on Mac is as easy as enabling it, however, keep in mind all the apps including Google Chrome will switch back to the white theme. If you still want to disable the Night Mode, then here are the steps to follow.
- Start off by clicking on the Apple menu icon on your Macbook to begin.
- Select the “System Preferences” option from the list of options to proceed.
- Go to the “General” option and select the “Light” option on the next screen.
- That’s it, choosing the “Light” option will disable the Night Mode instantly.
This way you can go back to the white color theme on your Macbook, but, you can always enable the dark mode in the future whenever you want without any hassle.
Night Mode is an essential feature nowadays, it prevents the display from showing or emitting blue light which could affect your ability to fall asleep and you might end up feeling tired due to lack of sleep. You can enable the Night Mode in Google Chrome or any other app on both Windows and Mac, moreover, you can disable it whenever you want. That’s pretty much it, don’t forget to share this article with others who might find it useful.